Hello Zilker Families!
As your school counselor, I work with students, teachers, staff, families, and members of the community. I am here to support every student’s personal/social, academic and career development goals. As an AISD School Counselor, my main objective is to empower students to maximize their potential to ensure all students are prepared to use their unique capabilities to participate in a changing global society as resilient, responsible citizens.
Detail of Services:
- Classroom Guidance Lessons (Monthly)- Planned, educational lessons designed to help students understand and deal with normal developmental tasks and issues. Examples include character education, peer relationships, conflict resolution, bullying, social skills, college/career awareness, and personal safety.
- Small Group Counseling/Lunch Bunch- I work with students who have been referred for a similar issue. This format uses a psycho-educational model that is goal-centered and oriented toward enhancing and developing coping skills. Some common types of counseling groups deal with divorce, friendship, self-esteem, anger, and grief or loss. These groups also are formed to allow students to socialize with one another in a small group setting.
- Individual Counseling- I work one-on-one with a student to help him/her resolve problems and developmental concerns, enhance decision-making skills, and/or build coping skills. This is a confidential relationship and is a short-term limited intervention (not intensive therapy).
- Referral Assistance- I also maintain a list of specialists who may be helpful in the event of a concern beyond the scope of school counseling services.
- School-Based Consultation with teachers, parents, and specialists